A Vintage Treat

something borrowed, something new

I am an old soul living in a contemporary world. And when there are days that the old soul in me starts to kick in, I could not resist the urge of wanting to craft something, just like this set of wrist candies. I started on this project when I realized that for this thrifted dress of mine to get an over-all vintage feel, I had to incorporate accents that will complete the look. Silver watch, metal bracelet and white leather watch are some of the things I already tried. However, it still felt like the whole thing lacked a certain character to it.

One day, I was cleaning out my trinket boxes and found a few old bangles and a piece of lace from a friend’s gift. I weaved some magic into it, and then I piled on a faux pearl bracelet. To my excitement, my mom who was observing my progress lent me her old pearl embellished bangle that had charming tarnishes to it. And with that, I was halfway through my ‘vintage project’.

To finish this treat, I recently found time to hit the lace section and find the ones that will complete the set. And last night, tadaaa! I am officially done with my ‘vintage project’.





Ah. Just merely looking at each piece feels like it has lots of stories to tell. You might think I’m a little crazy, but I seriously believe my vintage bangle set transports me to a time or a day of warm sunshine, classical music, lace-trimmed umbrellas, boat rides on a calm lake, baby cologne, poetry, pastels and soft fabrics.

Dress, check. Accessories, check. I’ll just throw in a pair of flats and I know I’m good to go. And nowhere on earth can you find a bangle set similar to mine. Thanks to the old, crafty soul in me. 

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts