Had it only been 31 days?

Because I couldn’t decide which one is the best, I listed down all the things I loved about this month. In random order.

Sleeping at an early hour and getting up before sunrise (achieving a balanced circadian rhythm)
Great conversations with mom over breakfast (compensating for being a non-breastfed kiddo)
Spontaneous hang outs with Nj’s family
Finally hearing my students laughing at the jokes I crack in class (big deal.)
My hand being pulled by my long time crush in the midst of the rain as we tried to find our spot in the carpark
A brilliant student politely asking sensible questions about my lecture
Perfecting the art of buying pasalubong for my mom and my picky brothers
Chatting a Saturday afternoon away with Cheese and Suey over ym and fb
Hilarious talks with my very intelligent brother
Enjoying a 5-part exam which I haven’t had in years; but enjoying the interview more
Impromptu dinners with Sir Val and Maam Shang
Cold coffee drinks and laughing out loud at a neighborhood minimart with the love of my life
Cartoon overload whenever I feel like having one (Tangled, Alpha & Omega, Megamind, anyone?)
Doing the weekend grocery with Nj
Enjoying a spur-of-the-moment-“Let’s-go-have-some-coffee” with Architect Jean
Midnight snacks with my family (you see, I come from a family of ‘eaters’)
Giving Nj a surprise sundo, thrift dinners and unpredictable jeepney routes
Patiently waiting for some good news from Suey’s company (fingers crossed)
Procrastinating for a lecture
Finishing three out of the four difficult metal puzzles Architect Ryan lent me
Happy conversations with Ella and Ate Lysette
Thrift shopping with Maam Shang, and as if it wasn’t enough, talking to her about life and the universe over dinner and finally ending the night with a wonderful Thai massage
Rainy days and Mondays and the cold January weather
Rekindling my love for veggies and fruits
Dinner, last full show and laugh trip with Ken, Yac and Kong (Thank you for the free passes, attorney!)
Getting a big warm hug from the world’s best mom after a long day

There you go! Twenty five of the great, unforgettable things that happened to me this month. And I owe those people who made these things happen tons of hugs and gratitude (despite some of them being allergic to hugs and public thank yous).

 So, tell me about YOUR January. I would totally love to hear your adventures, too.

Comments

  1. hahah finally i was mentioned!!

    call me narcissist but i was actually waiting to be mentioned in your baby blog. yey!!! :) muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're funny! of course i would save the best for (second) last. next time, i will try 'hyperlinking' your blog for your name. just give this blogging newbie some time.

    and oh, we are still up for another dinner/movie date this month. just to remind you. hehe.

    miss you kong!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts