Hello, sunshine!

last week's happy fix

 Here’s the deal. I didn’t get the call I’ve been waiting for.

 And because I have this habit of processing my thoughts whenever necessary, I decided to dedicate a couple of days to sulking. There is something about the right combination of tears, soft drinks and sweets that help eliminate the emotional clutter within me. It makes me feel a whole lot better.

But you know what the best part is? I may not have been chosen by the company, but I sure have a great mom who tells me every single day that there are lots of opportunities out there for me and that I will get by just fine. She tells me that over breakfast, over coffee and whenever I come home from work. Boy, not a lot of daughters out there are lucky enough to have a mom like her! 

Furthermore, it seems so easy to deal with rejection when you have a psychic sister who makes a pact that we’ll together move on from whatever had transpired in our so-called lives this week – with grace and sophistication. (Yes, grilled cheesus, that’s how we do it!)

And so, to start with, I did some gift shopping for six of my friends who are celebrating their birthdays this month. Since I had some extra moolah in my pockets, I decided to cheer myself up by purchasing this embellished cuff. I fell in love with it as soon as I laid my eyes on it!  Needless to say, it rests on a very special place next to my bed. It’s surprisingly matches anything in my closet, it fits perfectly on my wrist and because of its charming appeal, it can also double as a household décor like a candle accent. Such a good, good buy.


Speaking of good, I think that for now, I will have to be patient in waiting for the next opportunities. After all, you know what they say. Good things come to those who wait.

Comments

Popular Posts