Guest Pawst

For a blog that only has four posts so far, this is too early a guest entry. 
But tonight, I have to appease the muse.



Yawn. (Stretch, stretch). (Deep male voice) Hello there. As you see, I look like I’ve been deprived of sleep. Blame it on the muse of the house I lived in for three years. To start with, I do not think it is fair to commission a cat to write in your behalf when you are in bad shape. The owner of this blog claims to be in one of her not-so-good days and that to me sounds like more of an alibi to sulk and nibble on ice cream. Asking some cat to write for you is definitely rude and unprofessional. And truth be told, I believe a royal cat like me deserves a whole entry that discusses how awesome and sophisticated I am. It would certainly be disgraceful to do it myself; as cheap as liking your own status post.

But for tonight, she asserts her identity as one of those who brings food on my (cat) table. She is throwing a tantrum and you do not want to mess with her when she’s at it. Having said that, let me do me assignment AS told.

I have lived with this family for three years. My fate would have been that of a stray cat if it wasn’t for the youngest boy who adopted me just a few months after their dad passed away. They named me Orange in spite of my gray fur. I don’t know what’s with this family and naming all their cats Orange. Perhaps it has something to do with the memories of another cat whose remains were buried in their backyard. My full name is Orange the Fourth or Fifth and I guess it’s because they lost count with all the Oranges they had.

I used to be a really fat cat, unbelievably hungry all the time, and when I’m done with eating, I jump back to the sofa to continue my favorite hobby – sleeping. That was until I discovered the joys of house hopping and meeting potential mates. Since then, I started losing weight. I used to be into a lot of home cooked meals but now I enjoy ice cream and biscuits better than rice and fish. When I have no gig, I stay home and sleep next to the muse or her mother or brothers on the carpet while they watch television.

I like the fact that the muse thinks I am a real person pretending to be a cat. Yes, I get scolded and sometimes become a victim of her rage just like right now but one thing’s for sure. I know that I will be the only cat whose remains shall lie next to the original Orange. In fact, I think I have already surpassed Orange when it comes to awesomeness.

It’s just that tonight is kind of different.

Let's allow some drama (and a combo of a hand sewn accent + silver brooch) from her tonight, 
shall we?



Tonight, the muse is enraged.  And from where I’m eavesdropping, I can let you in on a few clues:  an overheated car, an unfinished rom-com, an afternoon at the auto repair shop, the poor drainage in Davao City and a Valentine dinner consisting of hard boiled eggs at the neighborhood minimart. Seriously, for a smart girl like her who knows that the 14th of February is just another capitalist venture, I think her rants are pathetic.

And the worst part? I didn’t get my regular dose of pasalubong. We will all have to wait until she calms down and finds her sanity again.


Comments

  1. i like the idea of a guest post. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should try it sometime, konquer. why don't you start with your walls? or your shoes? or your laptop? i'm pretty sure they have a lot of stories to tell :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts