Shore Musings


When you’re as happy as I had been today, you wouldn’t mind how
many times you crashed into somebody while doing ‘the jump shot’.
Or how silly you looked in front of your boyfriend’s family (that includes the puzzled 
niece and nephew) as you desperately set the timer, race to the shore, jump together…

...and return to earth laughing your hearts out. Then you run 
to set the timer again because the camera missed your jump.

In fact, you wouldn’t mind even if the sea that functions as 
your backdrop had been tested positive for E.coli last year.

Word has it that the dreaded typhoon has changed its course. This afternoon made me wonder if the weatherman got that right, judging by the how strong the waves and the wind had become. It was not a favorable condition for a dinner by the beach with the Jalops (in my world, that’s boyfriend’s family) but we pursued it, nevertheless, since it only occurs in every two years that the siblings get to dine out altogether. And this year, I happen to be on the guest list.

My day started with a birthday breakfast bash for Suey, and then some walking and last minute bonding with Charlen before her flight. I made a trip to the salon, had lunch with mom and favorite cousin, and watched a movie with Nj and his mom. If you were as happy as I had been today, you’d think that a jump shot on a very windy sunset by the shore (with The Darkness’ I Believe In a Thing Called Love playing in your head) is the way to end the day.

We never got the jump shot right. But the Jalops sent me home with a bag of goodies. Spell Cadbury, kids. 


Comments

Popular Posts