The Pouch Family

I believe in the power of compartments, being a multi-tasker. In 2009, I have experienced two months of living and shifting between four modes (a research assistant, an instructor, a sit-in student for creative non fiction class and a substitute administrative aide). Apart from arranging tasks in my brain for each section of my life, I have implemented this discipline in my everyday life. I have separate pouches for bills to pay, the budget for my brother's allowance, the coins for my everyday fare to school, for everyday makeup, and for the rest of my life's nitty-gritty. But I didn't realize I took this skill of compartmentalizing to a whole new level until yesterday, when I tried to locate my flash drive in my animal print pouch, and realized it wasn't spacious enough for my other flash drives. So I brought out several pouches and cases and decided which was the most convenient receptacle for my flash drives, deleter, paper clips and whatnots. And these had been the things within my reach. I repeat, pouches ONLY within my reach. 1) black translucent pouch for storing toiletries when traveling, 2) coin pouch where I save coins for my everyday fare 3) nautical pouch, otherwise known as my ex-kikay kit with a length of service of 2 years, 4) my current kikay kit, Cath Kidston hahahaha :) 5) my college wallet that now holds my new paper bills, 6) my 2010 violet wallet from For Me, 7) yellow pouch storing my payslips, but since it has become too small for those, I decided it will only contain 2011 bills, 8) animal print pouch, ex-storage of my flash drives, 9) my current coin purse, 10) my black faux leather ex-phone case, 11) my current phone case, 12) would you believe I traded my sophisticated wallet for this one? :) 13) my flash drive and whatnots' brand new house.


And here, my friends, are some of the pouches I often use when traveling. 1) Estee Lauder mini bag for toiletries, scarves and accessories, 2) easy storage for items I don't want for others to immediately see, 3) yellow translucent pouch for tops with delicate material, 4,5 & 6) silk pouches I made myself for storing shirts and other clothing (it makes an instant pillow, too!). And these things comprise The Pouch Family :)

Comments

Popular Posts