April's Full

This summer, my family's hooked to these ice cream  flavors.
Okay, so I am yet again posting a list of things I loved about every month. But what makes this fourth list stand out? Would you believe me if I tell you that this is the first time I have enjoyed the month of April since I’ve graduated from college? I used to hate April, as all family tragedies and bad memories in my life occurred in April. This year, however, is the start of all marvelous Aprils I am going to have in this lifetime. And so, with great pride, I present to you my chronicles of the first 30 days of summer 2011, the best April I’ve had so far.

- Getting a great haircut, that wonderful talk with Maam Shang at a secret nook in the CHSS Library, bringing a pint of Reese Peanut Butter Cup for Eizel and for my then unborn godson Pablo, dinner with the love of my life at Karlyn’s, HHWW at seawall and finding the perfect pair of heels for graduation -  all of which took place on the first day of April.
- My last submission of grades in UP Mindanao, and beating the deadline at that.
- Iced green tea, anyone?
- Picking up my graduation dress.
-  Registering for the Energizer Night Run and finally getting my own LED headlight (Hey, it proves useful especially when traveling).
- 4 rounds of crispy lechon skin. April holds a lot of celebrations!
- My sweetest four year old nephew Jao paying his Tita Ara an overnight visit.
- Eating ‘the forbidden chicken skin’ (as how the derma says it) with Suey, Julie, Krong, Ching and Janice. How come Papa Ching’s makes chicken skin taste like heaven?
-  All of Nj’s surprise sundo at work/school.
- Beach bound for two days in Masao and Dahican, Mati with Krong, Suey, Julie, Gabby, Ching and Janice, sound tripping on our way back to Davao, taking almost 500 photos of us, and then catching Rio in 3D.
- My awesome tan lines, yeah!
- Sitting next to Pamsi and Lucille, two of the best students the anthropology program of UP Mindanao could offer, during the college recognition ceremony.
- Answering “Mag-repack ug uling” when asked where I’m headed after UP.
- Managing to find polite replies within me after being lambasted in front of the whole college faculty (Glad I was raised well by my parents. At least I know how to handle situations like that).
-  Three cousins graduating from college. .
- Spending the night at Samal and hiking with cousins,  Aunt Dang and Mama early in the morning.
- Visiting the new SOM building with Architect Ellen. Tuloy, parang gusto kong mag business school. Haha.
- Talks with Nj at Jack’s Ridge, conversations that range from work to cartoons to I-think-what-life-wants-me-to-learn to vacation and everything under the stars.
- Doing my own make up for my first and last graduation day in UP Mindanao. And seeing those who had been my students show off their diplomas as they climb down the stage. Raise your glass, kids!
- Chocolates and other pasalubong from Ate Lot (boyfie’s sister) and her family.
- On April 17, our dear Pablo, son of Bj and Eizel, finally saying hello to the world.
- Hanging out the whole afternoon Julie and Maam Janette (in other words, my high school teacher and her daughter who happens to be my classmate in high school too).
- Recycling notebooks! I tore off pages of an anime magazine for my brother’s notebook covers, and some pages off Preview for mine and Ella’s.
- Sapphire painted toenails to match my rainbow of tops this summer (and probably flunking Color Blocking 101 on some days. But hey, who cares?!)
- Starting to clean my clutter at home (books, readings, photocopies, documents, etcetera etcetera).
- Making tambay at the carpark with my best friend-since-nappies-and-thumb sucking days Eebee. We had a laidback talk about life and what we plan to do about it. And as usual, tons of laughter.
- Taking my Aunt Dang out to a movie, a yummy lunch and a whole day of window shopping.
- Suey Asuncion and her wisdom. I am so glad to have a friend in her. Talking to her eases out all pain, making me see things in a different light. I love this girl to bits.
-  Afternoon naps. I have the luxury to get ‘em now that classes are over.
- Jell pens, water markers, color pencils, stationery sets – I think I am being transported back to high school.
- Summer shoes and the accessories to match.
- Finishing The Andi Project, a play list for a girl trying to get over something while boarding a bus bound for Cagayan de Oro
- Reruns of One Tree Hill and reading reviews of each episode of The Vampire Diaries Season 2.
- My Krabby Patty is back, and she’s taking over my favorite subject, SSP7 The Hitchhikers’ Guide to Mindanao. I have forged a smooth transition between me and the next instructor to guarantee that the students get to appreciate Mindanao better.
- Receiving accessories from cousins and friends. Thank you, guys. You really know how to make a little girl happy.


Comments

Popular Posts