Three Cheers

Guess where the most comfortable seat in the world is at? Three steps just outside our house. Where morning coffee tastes a whole lot better. Where I gaze into details and imagine new projects. Where I spend a few minutes of silence before I get on with the day.
 

No matter how the past three weeks had been too rough for me, and regardless of the infinite combination of curses I have uttered under my breath, these are what count the most.

At the end of the day, I know that my brain can do more than just read, understand, analyze and profess.
At the end of the day, I know I am strong enough not to allow betrayals to change the way I perceive life.
At the end of the day, I have three people in my life that makes our small house a warm, charming home.

These three people know I am not in a good state of mind when I’ve already had five outfit changes in two hours, when I’ve developed a habit of staring off into space, when I let out a cry several times in a day, when my sleeping hours have extended, and when all I could think of after meals is eating a box of donuts and more ice cream. (Hello, cancer. And oh, say hi to the six more pounds that managed to sneak its way in as I stepped on the weighing scale.)

I took some time off to think about things.  I know that despite my flaws, there are three people on earth who make me believe I must have done something right to wake up to Sunday mornings with them.

And so, to hell with snakes and ladders in the ivory tower.

Comments

Popular Posts